We have run our ‘Medal of the Month’ competition since March 2017. This has become very popular with our running community.
The greatest thing about this competition is that the largest race does not necessarily win, which has been proven time and time again in the short listings. This competition has brought out some great spirit within the running community and provided invaluable exposure for all of the nominated races.
Whilst this is a bit of fun for our followers, the medal which comes out top of the voting after seven days earns the race organisers free advertising* with us for next year’s race. This can be extremely beneficial for some organisers, particularly those hosting smaller, less known races or new events.
The rules are simple:
1. The race has to have taken part in the correct month
2. The medal has to be nominated by a runner or race organiser. If it is not submitted, we may not see it. See below for how to nominate.
3. Medal of the Month is open to races in the UK, Scotland, Ireland and Wales only. If enough overseas medals are nominated in a single month, we will share these separately, as there have been some wonderful medals shared in recent months.
4. Short listing will take part in the first week of every month.
5. When the short listing process is complete, we will announce the nominees and contact each of the race directors to inform them.
6. The medals will then be posted on our Facebook page and the voting will be open for seven days only.
7. To vote, ONLY ‘reactions’ on the’ like’ button on Facebook will count. If you are on your phone, press and hold ‘like’, the reactions will then appear. Click on the relevant reaction to the medal you wish to vote for. If you are on a PC or laptop, hover the cursor over the ‘like’ button and the reactions will then appear. Feel free to add your selection in the comments too, but please note that the comments alone will not count as a vote.
8. Voting will close at midnight on the seventh day after the beginning of the competition. No votes after this will count.
9. The winner will be announced the following evening.
Nominating a medal
You can do this via our ‘Medal of the Month’ posts, our Sunday ‘race post’ or by direct message to us. You can nominate as many medals as you like. We will then select our favourite 6 medals for the short listing.
Any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Facebook.
*Advertising won is a non sponsored post. The race director is however able to sponsor it themselves if they so wish. Please speak to us if this is something you would like to do. There are no cash alternatives.